Connect The HP OfficeJet 8100 Printer To The Wireless Network
Following guidelines can help you to connect the HP OfficeJet 8100 printer to the wireless network:
- At first, hold the Wireless button for 3 seconds on the HP printer control panel.
- And now the wirelessLED will start to flash.
- Secondly, go to the wireless router or wireless access point, long-press the WPS button for 3
- Further, stay calm for about 2 minutes.
- AT last, in case if theHP OfficeJet 8100 printer connects successfully, the wireless LED stops flashing but stays on.
How To Connect The HP OfficeJet 8100 Printer Using The PIN Method?
Execute the instructions below to connect the HP OfficeJet 8100 printer using a PIN method:
- To make use of the PIN method, at first, make sure to print the network configuration page and look for WPS’s pin.
- After that, press the Wireless button for 3 seconds on the front panel of the printer.
- Now, the WirelessLED will start to blink.
- Further, locate the configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access spot.
- And then key in the WPS PIN that is accessible on the network configuration report.
- On the other hand, wait for about 2 minutes.
- Finally, if the printer links successfully, the wireless LED stops blinking but
- Will remain on.
How Can I Install The HP Printer Using The Embedded Web Server?
Make use of the instructions below to set up the HP OfficeJet 8100 printer using the embedded web server:
If the HP OfficeJet 8100 printer is linked to a network, you can use the printer’s embedded web server (EWS) to set up wireless communication.
- At first, open the Embedded Web Server.
- From the Home tab, choose Wireless Setup Wizard in the Setup box.
- And process with the instructions on the screen.
- Further, to modify these settings, on the Network tab, click Advanced in the Wireless
- The sections on the left.
- After that, click change the wireless settings, and then click Apply.
- Moreover, make sure to change the connection type
- Once you install the HP software and connect with the printer to your computer network, you can use the HP software to change the connection type.
Changing From An Ethernet Connection To A Wireless Connection
Following guidelines can help you to change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection:
For the Windows operating system:
- First of all, on the computer, tap Start, choose Programs or All Programs option, click HP.
- After that, opt the name of your printer, and then touch Printer Setup & Software.
- Moreover, tap Connect a new printer, and choose the type of connection you prefer to use.
- At last, carry on with the on-screen instructions to finish up the setup process.
For Mac OS X
- Firstly, you have to access the HP Utility app.
- After that, tap the Applications icon on the HP Utility toolbar.
- Next, double-click the HP Setup Assistant software icon, and then proceed with the on-screen guidelines.
Switching From USB Connection To Wireless!
The guidelines below can help you to change from USB connection to a wireless connection:
The below guidelines are based on your operating system:
For Windows users:
- First of all, click Start, select Programs or All Programs on your computer.
- After that, you have to choose HP, select your printer name, and then click Printer Setup & Software
- Moreover, tap Connect a new printer, and click Convert a USB connected printer to
- Finally, you have to proceed with the display prompts to finish up the setup.
HP 8100 OfficeJet wireless networking setup for mac:
- At first, launch the HP Utility.
- Next, you have to tap the Applications icon on the HP Utility toolbar.
- Finally, double-click HP Setup Assistant, and execute the instructions on the screen.
Perform A Test Print Of The Wireless Connection
- At first, print the wireless test report for details about the printer’s wireless connection. The wireless
- Moreover, this report shall give the information on the printer’s status, hardware (MAC) address, and IP
- Further, if the printer is linked to a network, the test report shows the information about the network
Contact our specialized experts at 123.hp.com/setup to know more about HP 8100 OfficeJet wireless networking setup for mac and clarify all your doubts.