HP LaserJet Pro M102w Printer Setup Manual
The HP Laserjet Pro M102w is a workgroup laser work group monochrome printer. The monthly duty cycle is 10,000 pages, and the recommended monthly volume can be 150 to 1500 pages. And this printer has mobile printing solutions that can be Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, Mopria print service, and it is wired and wireless. On the other hand, the compatible operating systems can be Mac and Windows.
The maximum print speed is up to 23 ppm, and the maximum print resolution is 1200 dpi. In this blog, we will see various set up actions like unpacking, connecting to Wireless networks, etc.
Blog Deals With:
- HP Laserjet Pro M102w first time setup
- Driver Download for HP Laserjet printer
- Installing the printer on Mac
- Installing the printer on Windows
- HP Laserjet Pro M102w wireless setup
- Troubleshooting HP Laserjet Pro M102w
First Time HP LaserJet Pro M102w Setup
The following guidelines shall assist you to proceed with HP LaserJet Pro M102w Setup:
- At first, you must cut the tape that is pasted on the HP Laserjet Pro M102w package.
- Next, fold its flaps back and gently take the printer out from the cardboard box.
- Now, you can check for the materials attached along with the printer package.
- It must consist of CD ROM for installation, power adapter, ink cartridges, setup poster, and reference guide.
- After that, remove all the packing materials from the printer and send them to recycle.
- Moreover, clear off all the packing materials both inside and outside the printer.
- Thus the HP Laserjet M102w printer is ready and half way on HP LaserJet Pro M102w Setup.
- Secondly, power up the HP printer using the power adapter.
- Then, link one end of the power adapter to the rear of the HP printer and the other one to the electrical outlet.
- Push the power button on the HP printer and turn on your HP Laserjet Pro M102w printer.
- And the HP Laserjet Pro M102w printer is all ready for the next step.
Two things that you must do:
- Firstly, install the ink cartridges by accessing the ink cartridge door.
- Wait for the carriage movement to stop, and by the way, unpack the ink cartridges.
- After that, gently load the ink cartridges one by one in to their slots.
- And wait to hear their locking sound.
- Secondly, dust a pile of paper to set it on the input tray of the HP printer.
- Moreover, smoothly draw the input tray and load the paper.
- Next, pull out the output tray and make sure to adjust its width guides.
- Further, the HP printer will align the ink cartridges and prints the alignment page.
- And you must make sure to check the alignment page.
- Finally, the HP LaserJet Pro M102w Setup is complete and ready for the printing job.
- Now, you can proceed with downloading the drivers from the HP site by choosing the operating system version.
- And then, start with the HP LaserJet Pro M102w wireless Setup using any of the methods available.
Downloading Drivers For My HP LaserJet Pro M102w Printer
Proceed with the prompts below to download the driver for your HP Laserjet Pro M102w printer:
- At first, launch a web browser on your computer and visit the HP site to download HP LaserJet Pro M102w Driver.
- After that, enter the model number of the HP printer into the text box and click Go.
- Now, choose the Drivers and Downloads section to proceed.
- Next, check for the image of your HP printer.
- Secondly, select the operating system that you are currently using from the available list.
- Then, navigate to your computer settings and check for the version of your operating system.
- Pick the version of your operating system that is available on the list.
- Secondly, you must check for the driver’s file information and accept any agreement if available.
- Finally, click the Download option to download your driver file.
- Choose a location to save your driver file on your computer.
- Moreover, access the driver file location and double click the driver file to start with the installation process.
- Similarly, add your HP Laserjet pro M102w printer to both your Mac and Windows computer.
- Further, you must enable the system preference option to add the printer.
Adding My HP LaserJet Pro M102w Printer To Windows Computer
Follow the prompts below to add the HP Laserjet printer to your computer:
- After downloading HP LaserJet Pro M102w driver for windows and Mac, start to add the printer.
- Firstly, find and access Change device installation settings.
- On this screen, choose the Yes option and click the Save changes option.
- Secondly, access the Control panel on your computer.
- Next, click Devices and Printers and then click Add a printer option.
- After that, on the select a machine or printer to add to this PC screen, pick your printer and tap Next.
- Carry on with the on screen prompts to install the printer driver.
- Tap the HP from the first pane, and pick the model of your printer from the of the printer’s side
- Besides, prefer Add a printer using TCP/IP location or hostname and tap Next.
- On the other hand, choose Autodetect from the Device type drop down list.
- Enter the IP address of your printer in to the text box and click Next.
- At last, the computer will connect to the HP Laserjet Pro M102w printer and click Next to install the printer driver.
Installing My HP LaserJet Pro M102w Printer To Mac Computer
The steps beneath can help you to install the driver on your HP Laserjet pro M102w printer to your Mac computer:
- After completing, HP LaserJet Pro M102w driver for windows and Mac, start to install them.
- At first, click the Apple icon and choose Software and this will check for the update.s
- Moreover, power on the HP printer by pressing the power button.
- Next, link the HP printer to your Apple computer using the USB cable.
- Secondly, click the Apple icon and choose System preferences.
- And then choose the Print and Scan option.
- On the other hand, click the Plus icon and enter the administrator password.
- Finally, select the HP printer that you wish to add from the list available.
- Click the Add symbol and the HP Laserjet pro printer will be connected to the Mac computer.
Connecting My Hp Laserjet Pro M102w Printer To Wifi
The guidelines below can help you to link the HP Laserjet pro M102w printer to WIFI:
- Firstly, to start with HP LaserJet Pro M102w wireless Setup, navigate to the printer control panel.
- Next, long press the Wireless button on the control panel and then press the Wireless menu button.
- After that, press the Wireless setup Wizard button.
- Secondly, the HP printer will scan for the available networks and will display a list.
- Further, choose your network name from the list.
- Moreover, provide the network key of your wireless network using the keypad.
- Once after completing, providing the network key or WPA key, press the OK button.
- Finally, the HP printer will establish a network connection.
HP LaserJet Pro M102W Troubleshooting
Paper pick up issues
To start with HP Laserjet Pro M102w Troubleshooting, proceed with the following steps:
- At first, you must check for the paper jams in the tray or the printer access door.
- Next, verify the paper type and condition.
- Then check for the printer environment.
- Moreover, make sure to adjust the width guides on the tray.
- Finally, check for the Tray rollers.
Not connecting to Wi-Fi
- Firstly, you must check whether the wireless router is placed next to the HP Laserjet Pro M102w printer.
- After that, make sure that you have provided the correct network key as the password.
- And then check for other cable connections.
- Moreover, check whether the LAN cable is connected correctly if in case it is a wired setup
- Also, check to choose your correct network name from the list
- If the issue persists, then try to disconnect the network connection
- Further, restart the HP Laserjet Pro M102w printer to check for the solution of this issue
Do you need more information regarding HP LaserJet Pro M102w Setup or having any issues while performing HP LaserJet Pro M102w wireless Setup, then contact our professional expert team at 123.hp.com/setup.